Mix equal amount of Indian gooseberry, Soapwort and Shikakai (Acacia Concinna) to three times of water. Boil this on low flame for long time. Wait till the water in the pan is reduced to the half. Filter the solution and store it in a bottle. This is the most effective natural shampoo to fight against dandruffs. It’s better than the shampoos sold in the market.
Coconut Oil and Lemon Juice
Mix a tablespoon of lemon juice to coconut oil. Some people don’t like the smell of coconut oil. In that case you can use sandalwood oil. Massage your scalp with this mixture for around fifteen minutes in the night. Wash your hair with the natural shampoo prepared in the above step.
Honey and Olive Oil
Mix honey and olive oil in the proportion of 1:3 properly. Adding Massage the roots of your hair and scalp with this mixture. After that wrap your head with a towel drenched in medium hot water for around half an hour. Thereafter, wash your head with shampoo.
Lemon Juice and Bamboo Comb – A cool way
Buy a bamboo comb. Apply a tablespoon of fresh lemon juice to its teeth. After that comb your hair for five to ten minutes . Pores of the skin will get open and blood circulation will improve. This method will get rid of dandruff and even make your hair shiny.
Grind beetroot in the mixer to obtain its juice. Do the same with ginger. Mix 1 tablespoon of both the juices. Gently massage your scalp. For colored hair this is one of the most effective methods.
Indian Gooseberry and Egg
Mix a teaspoon of Indian gooseberry powder to one egg yolk. Massage the roots of your hair with this mixture.
Try Fenugreek seeds
Soak Fenugreek seeds in water at night. Grind this in morning to create the paste. Apply this on roots oh hair. Wait for one hour. After that , wash your hair. It fights against dandruff and falling hair.
Decoction of rosemary leaves
Cast some rosemary leaves in about one litre of water. Boil this mixture on medium flame. Mix vinegar in it and filter the solution. Wash your head in the morning and evening with this preparation.
Don’ts to prevent dandruff
- Avoid eating meat, sugar, coffee, processed fruits, candies, colas as these items aggravate dandruff.
- Avoid stress. Stress affects your overall health, making you more prone to Dandruff.
- Avoid chemical shampoo and hair products.
- Avoid Dry scalp. Wash your hair with natural shampoo – at least – twice a day. Cleanliness of hair and scalp are important requirements to avoid dandruff.
- Avoid using other’s combs.
- Don’t let your hair wet for long periods as this facilitates dandruff.
Do’s to prevent dandruff
- Eat fresh fruits and vegetables, sprouts, raw nuts and whole grain cereals.Follow a healthy diet that provides the correct intake of zinc, B vitamins.
- Massage your scalp regularly to improve blood circulation.
- Boil Neem leaves in water and use this water to rinse hair. Neem is also known as English lilac. They are available at Amazon.
- Soak the sun. Sunlight is very effective against dandruffs.Morning walk after sunrise is a good habit.