Chew Mint Leaves
Eat ten to twelve fresh mint leaves with candy sugar after taking food.
Chew Ginger Slice
Cut a very thin slice of ginger. Put a pinch of black salt over it. Chew it slowly before taking food.
Drink Fennel Seed Tea
Crush the seeds of fennel and Pour hot water over it to prepare the tea. It helps in relaxing the muscles of your digestive tract and allows the trapped gas to pass. Some people prefer to chew Fennel Seeds instead of drinking its tea. Both methods work fine. It depends upon your taste.
Drinking this provides instant relief from gas and bloating. Adding milk will reduce the effectiveness. So it’s better to avoid it.
Try Lemon Tea
Boil some tea leaves in hot water. Filter it and add a spoon of fresh lemon juice. Instead of sugar, add a pinch of black salt.
Black Pepper Tea
Drinking black pepper tea relives the headache caused due to the trapped gas inside the stomach.
Mixture of Carom and Cumin seeds
Crush equal amount of Carom seed, cumin seed, Asafoetida and black salt. Mix two to four grams of this mixture in medium hot water and drink it after food. It’s one of the most effective natural medicines.
Ginger and Lime Juice
Add a teaspoon of ginger juice and a teaspoon of black pepper powder in lime juice. It relives the pain.
Eating two garlic cloves every day is an effective medicine for people suffering from chronic flatulence. The garlic kills the yeast bacteria in the digestive tract.
Spray a pinch of black salt over a cube of Jaggery. Eat it after dinner.
Exercise is the best medicine
Always do a little amount of physical activity. Even a regular fifteen minute of regular brisk walking will help. Exercises that help in toning abdominal muscles are also very effective. Try to keep yourself busy in spare time. Picking a hobby like gardening is good.
Don’ts in case of Stomach Gas
- Avoid smoking as air inhaled during smoking can increase the gas inside the stomach.
- Avoid oily and spicy food. They increase the production of gas inside human body.
- Avoid soda, cola and alcohol.
- Avoid milk products like yogurt, ice cream and toned milk.
- Avoid sleeping in the day time. Any kind of physical inactivity during day time is ideal for increasing the gas amount inside the stomach.
- Avoid tea and coffee-At least on the empty stomach.
Do’s in case of Stomach Gas
- Chew food properly and eat slowly. Eating quickly will increase the risk of swallowing air.
- Eat Fiber rich diets to fight bloating.
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables. Apple and papaya are two of the best fruits to fight bloating.
- Eat small meals. Ideal case is to have six to seven mini meals a day instead of three full meals.
- Avoid stress as it is one of the primary causes of bloating.
- Use Garlic, black salt, Asafoetida powder while preparing food.
- Maintain regular sleep cycle.