We all understand how important it is to have healthy eyes. But for most of us, sooner or later, the problems begin with vision. Different people have different approaches to solving this problem. Around 70% people start to use glasses or lenses (prosthetic eye), the remaining 30% try to solve their vision problem in various ways.
One of the most effective and natural method of improving eye vision comes an ancient meditation technique known as Trataka. Trataka (steady gaze) is a technique of famous hatha yoga. It is capable of improving your eye sight and curing various eye diseases. Many people have cured farsightedness, near sightedness, astigmatism, strabismus With Trataka.
How to perform Trataka
You will need a yoga mat, table and a candle to perform this yoga. First place the mat inside the dark room. Now move the table at a distance of 30-60 cm from the mat. Now place a candle on the table and light it. Now go and sit in cross legged pose on the mat. Now make sure that the :
a) The table and the mat are in the straight line.
b) The wick of the candle is at your eye level.
c) Air is not disturbing the flame. Under normal conditions the flame will rise in straight line.
Make sure that all the conditions (a, b, c) are met before starting your meditation.
Straighten your back, relax and close your eyes. Try to calm your senses and think about only the light. When you are ready, open your eyes and focus on the bright spot (on the tip of the wick).Keep looking at the flames with the utmost concentration. Your whole mind must be completely focused on the top of wick while the perception of the rest of the body must be dissolved. It should be focused on a single point until your eyes gets tired or tears starts flowing from them. Now close your eyes and focus on the bright spot between eyebrows.
How can i see the bright spot when my eyes are closed?
When you look at bright light or sun and close your eyes, you can still see the glowing image between your eyes. The same will happen with candle. Try it and see for yourself!
After sometime the image will disappear. Now open your eyes and re-focus on the flame. Repeat this process for 10-15 minutes in a single session.
You can do this practice a few times a week. Do not worry as it has no side effects. Focusing on the flame of a candle is perfectly safe. Just make sure that you do not move throughout the exercise.
How to believe that it works?
Just remember how calm eyes and nerves are when you take a long look at the burning pyre.